Passenger WiFi (PWLAN)
The AMiT internet solution for railway and rolling stock is built on infrastructure assembled of GSM routers (WRT product line), WiFi access points (WAP product line) and supplementary components like antennas and cabling. The thus assembled infrastructure can be part of a network of the vehicle, or may be designed as a completely separate network.
The on-board internet solution enables to provide data, audio and video communication services for passengers, vehicle crews and fleets. Unattended switching connection when crossing national borders via GPS/Glonass. Complete range of channels within regulatory domain.
- 3G / 4G (LTE) / 5G
- 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax (2.4 or 5 GHz) (WiFi6)
- 2×2 MIMO / 3×3 MIMO, HT20 / HT40
- Reliable Internet access for passengers in carriages
- Supports QoS operation, as well as routing and firewall rules
- Simple system configuration to increase data transmission and the availability of the service, and the system’s redundancy
- Swift and smart GPS/Glonass GeoFencing
- Aggregation of wireless connections
- Separation of passenger and operator WiFi networks (VLAN)
- Other technologies can be connected, e.g. CCTV, Passenger Information System (PIS), reservation systems, infotainment, VoIP and control systems
- Flexible solution for both new and current vehicles
- Designed in accordance with EN 50155
- Excellent value solutions